The Department of Learning Services is responsible for instructional programs of the Moriarty-Edgewood Schools. Learning Services also supports various programs, including Title I, Title II, and Title III Programs, to develop and improve teaching and learning in the district.
In collaboration with teachers and building administrators, Learning Services has general responsibility for the instructional material adoption process, revision of curriculum, approval of all courses offered for credit, and staff development related to curriculum and instruction.
The more specific functions of the department are to:
- Develop curriculum aligned to the Common Core and the New Mexico Standards and Benchmarks
- Monitor implementation of the district’s Educational Plan for Student Success (EPSS) and the school improvement process
- Develop academic programs to better address the diverse learning needs of students in our schools
- Provide support for principals and teachers
- Assist the Board of Education in the development and review of district policies
Department of Learning Services