We provide school bus transportation to all students living two or more miles from school at no cost to students. We believe that riding the bus is a privilege and not a right. We require students to follow the basic rules and regulations in order to provide safe transportation of all our students. Students who do not follow the rules below may lose the privilege of riding the bus.
Bus Rules and Regulations
- Follow the driver’s directions at all times.
- Enter and leave the bus or van in an orderly manner at the designated stop nearest home.
- Keep feet, books, instrument cases, and other objects out of the aisle.
- Do not deface the bus, van, or its equipment.
- Do not put head, hands, arms, or legs out of the window, hold any object out of the window,
or throw objects within or out of the bus or van.
- Be seated while the vehicle is moving.
- Wait for the driver’s signal upon leaving the bus or van and before crossing in front of the vehicle.
Alternate Bus Stops
On days when roads in the Moriarty-Edgewood School District are extremely muddy, icy, or snow packed, they become unsafe and/or impassable for school buses. On such days, a message will announce that school buses will pick-up and drop-off at alternate bus stops. Rest assured, alternate bus stops will not become the norm. We will only utilize them when absolutely necessary. We request that students be at the stop five minutes early if possible. Please make sure your child’s school has the correct contact information for you.
We have included lists of alternate bus stops for your student’s bus below. If you do not see your student's stop listed, the bus driver will continue to use their normal stop. If you feel you cannot get your student safely to the alternate bus stop, you should call the attendance office at the school to obtain an excused absence. If you need further information, please call (505) 832-5855 or (505) 832-5854.