Changes to Our District's Internet Presence
We are excited to launch our new district website! This new site was designed and will be maintained in-house and boasts some new features that will give it more value as a community resource.
These are some of the goals of our redesign:
- Fresh & Timely Information
- Quicker, easier, up-to-the-minute updates made in house
- Improved routine for purges of outdated information
- Clean, User-Friendly Interface
- Simple, clutter-free design
- Intuitive site navigation with multiple entry points to the information users seek
- Centralized contact point resulting in a more consistent, streamlined design
- Faces of Our Own Community
- Images and photographs featuring faces and places that we actually recognize
- Very limited use of stock graphics; featuring custom-made, original graphics created just for MESD instead
- Leveraging Integration with Google Apps for Education
- By using Google Sites, we can fully integrate Google Apps for Education to reduce duplicated work
- We can control page-level permissions to seamlessly restrict sections of the site to certain users
- Website can become a launching point for productive district intranet
Another big advantage to this new website is that the maintenance and hosting of the site is free! This is a cost savings for the district since we are no longer paying an outside vendor for these services.
If you have any questions regarding MESD's new district website, please contact our designer/webmaster, Kris Armijo.
Education Technology Specialist